Thursday, May 1, 2014

Suspended Short Story

[in process 1]

[in process 2]
 
 
 
 
 
Materials: Hot glue, plastic Easter eggs and paper. Secondary materials include fishing line, black ink and pan pastels. Process: I began by constructing a cage out of paper. I cut strips out using an exacto knife, painted on black ink on the inside and used colored pan pastels on the outside, and then used rubber cement to put it together. I then built a slightly larger cube, and cut geometric shapes into the sides. I then placed the small black cage inside of the larger colored one. I then began to work on the other section of the sculpture.First, I built a ring out of hot glue by continuously running layers over each other (in process photo 1)  Each eater egg cam with two small holes drilled in the top. I strung fishing line through each egg and then tied it to the ring I made earlier. The ring I hung from a hanger that hung from the ceiling to keep the lines from tangling. After I strung the eggs, I placed the ring inside an egg and then hot glued it shut (in process photo 2). After this, I maneuvered the  purple egg into the center of the colored cage. Statement: This was probably the most difficult sculpture I created all semester logistically. I kept running into road blocks and had to continuously problem solve. However, I believe that in the end, it conveys the image I wanted to express. 



No comments:

Post a Comment