Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's About Time ~ Soap Carving





[in process]












Materials: Olive oil soap. Process: I used a utility knife to cut away large pieces of the bar of soap into a rough figure of a sea turtle. I then switched over to a butter knife and used smaller motions. After I was satisfied with the soap figure, I used a toothpick to cut in some of the smaller details. I repeated the process with the other bar of olive oil soap. Statement:  The second bar of soap was more difficult for me to carve, and I believe that effected the out come of the figure. I chose the first carving to use as the soap figure because it was closer to the model plastic figure, although the shell of the second carving more closely resembled the shell of the model figure






No comments:

Post a Comment